I cannot even believe that today marks two years of marriage to my one and only love. These past two years with him have been challenging, fun, confusing, strange, incredible, beautiful, and loving. But most of all, blessed. Our God has given David and I so much. When it comes to relationship, grace, and possessions. We have not gone one day in need, even when it felt like we had nothing, God proved us wrong and provided for us.
This past year we went across the world together and saw how the Gospel needs to be heard all over the world. We got to be the hands and feet of Jesus and saw over 200 people come to faith in Christ in just nine days. I know this is only the beginning for us. And I know that we will see God do many more exciting things through us.
For many, marriage advice coming from someone that’s only two years in, might not affect them. But I know that I am farther than some of you and what I have learned thus far can be passed along. Love is about sacrifice. Marriage can so easily be clouded by selfishness. I am very guilty of falling into that lie. But the other night David came to me, just held me, and let me know that he loves me. He told me that he wants to love me more and always show me the love of Christ. He kissed me and led my heart into selflessness. He explained how our marriage is so often revolved around our own wants and desires instead of each other’s. When the reality is that if we just started dying to ourselves and focused on one another, that would be something beautiful, something worth being remembered, shared, and echoed. The way that Christ has called us to love one another. That type of love is contagious. That is what David and I can pass on to you. Not perfect relationship, heck no. But one that is growing, thankfully. Not stagnant or bitter but one driving towards a goal that I hope to see other couples around us reaching for.
These past two years have, without a doubt, been the best two years of my life. David, thank you for loving me, teaching me, and learning with me. Thank you for being a true man of God and showing me that I don’t have to be afraid to be myself. Telling me that I am beautiful. Showing me the areas that I need to grow, even when I resist them. I know that we have a long way to go, but I’d go anywhere with you. I love you.
The images below were done by Kristen Rawls! She is one of my greatest friends and runs her own wedding and lifestyle photography business. This shoot started as something a little bit different, but ended up being just our two year anniversary portraits. Yeah, I’ve received some comments about this being odd, but I’m just impressed I can still fit into my dress. And happy that I had another reason to wear it. After all, I will never spend that much money on any other item of clothing ever again. So yeah. I love these images so so so much and I’m freaking out that I’ll get to have them forever. Photography is worth the investment to me. Pictures like this are priceless. Thank you so much for these, Kristen!! You do an amazing job!!
Fun stuff about us!!!
1. We are NOTHING alike. hahaha. He is always wanting to talk. I can sit in a silent room for hours. He is the plainest eater ever. I eat. Well, pretty much everything. He takes very short showers. I stay in EVERY TIME until the hot water completely runs out. I like to sit still, cuddle, and I’m completely content with doing almost nothing. He is not capable with sitting still and wants to be doing something all. the. time. His favorite activity is sports. It’s basically my number one dreaded activity. He is competitive about everything. I remember everything and sometimes I wonder if David’s brain even retains memories. hahaha I love computers. He hates them.
2. We love watching movies. That is the one thing we will always agree on.
3. We love coffee together. And Starbucks. We will sit in there for hours and know many of the employees.
4. We hope to one day, own a toy poodle named Rouge. Okay. That’s just me.
5. We LOVE fall. It’s our favorite time of the year.
6. We hope to one day adopt two kids! (: A brother and sister.
7. We like each other?
8. Okay. I’m running out of ideas.
9. We.. uhh
10. We both hate reading. It’s really. Just not our thing and we prefer audio books.
Thanks for reading!! Leave comments below.
Favorite of him!! I love him so much!!
OH MY GOSH!!! These are adorable. I can’t believe it’s been 2 years. It feels like just yesterday when I saw y’all gettin married 🙂 tell David I said hi and I miss him!!